Sunday, March 10, 2013

3/9 Update

Madeline had another good day yesterday. All of her test results showed improvement and we're getting closer to her being extubated and no more tubing down her throat. She's definitely a fighter and whatever it is that caused this hiccup appears to have run its course thankfully. She started feeding again last night so I'm hoping we can get to growing uninterrupted this time.

When I stopped in last night, the nurses had changed her position and for the first time, she was laying on her belly which she loves. All of her squirming around stopped and she finally looked like she was getting some good rest.
Madeline on her belly.
I'd been avoiding it for awhile now but the nurse got me to man up yesterday and I changed her diaper for the first time (which means I have about 3 to go before I'll top my Dad's final diaper changing total). I'm happy to say I didn't screw it up and the nurse approved my work so test passed! 

Hopefully we'll be able to hold her again today and get to do some kangaroo care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment