Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Big smile!

Madeline had another quiet day yesterday and I'm so grateful that's been the intro sentence for so long. After watching another family's baby struggling yesterday, I was reminded just how lucky we have been. She continues to keep getting better with her feedings. Last night, she finished 2 full bottles and 30 out of 40 mLs for the other two. As I'm sure you can tell, both Kristen and I are getting more and more excited to bring her home and the next big step is for feeding tube to be removed. She'll need to take all of her feedings for 24 hours and then it will come out. After that, it's up to the doctors and us to come up with the right day for her discharge and home she comes.

She was snoozy for most of my time with her yesterday as usual but I have noticed something that cracks both of us up. This is definitely not news for any parent but as her body is digesting, gas forms and it's not very comfortable at all. What cracks us up is that right after she finally lets it out (not an easy process for her right now), she gets the biggest smile on her face. I don't know if it's relief or pride but boy is she a happy child!

Here's a good picture Kristen snagged yesterday:




No comments:

Post a Comment