Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Three Weeks!

Three weeks! At 9:40 AM yesterday, Madeline turned three weeks old. She had a pretty great day graduating from the ram cannula over to the high-flow oxygen which means that she's now breathing on her own. The PICC line is still in just in case she has any feeding issues over the next few days. I definitely prefer a lot of caution on pulling that out because it's really not fun for her to have it placed (she has to be sedated). She grew another 25 g yesterday and if she stays stable, she should on average gain somewhere between 15-30 g a day. She's still a bit underweight for her gestational age but no one is worried about it given how stable she's been so far.

We both got to kangaroo with her yesterday and she was a perfect angel for Kristen. When I came in, she was snoozing peacefully and looked super comfortable. When we transferred her over to me, she was doing great for the first bit and then got super cranky and she had to go back. One thing I noticed that amazed me was while she was laying against me, she could lift her head up to look at me. Given how heavy her head is in relation to the rest of her body, I had no idea she would be able to do that.

Here's her 3 (and 1 week) pictures:

3 Weeks!
1 Week

1 comment:

  1. That's FANTASTIC!!! I'm enjoying the updates and watching her GROW!! 3 weeks already!!! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete