Friday, March 22, 2013

All Smiles

Madeline had another good day yesterday. Her oxygen settings were reduced again and we're inching closer and closer with everyday towards no help at all. I'm thankful that she made it through another Thursday without incident as those first two weren't much fun. Her feedings are still being tolerated at 7 mLs per hour and they are trying to move that up even more. They tried switching her to a bolus tube which was at 10.5 mLs per hour but it was a little too much for her and we'll have to try again in a few days.

She was all smiles while I was visiting yesterday which was a lot of fun. I'm not entirely sure whether she was smiling at me because I was there (the naive answer) or because she was mimicking my face but either way, it was awesome. She was also kicking up a storm stretching her long legs high up in the air and then kicking like she was riding a bike. It was really funny and I was trying to get it on video but she wasn't cooperating there.

Overall, it's been a great past two weeks and I'm very thankful for all of the good news and hope that she keeps it up. Her weight went past 1100 g yesterday so she's definitely growing and I feel like we'll be at double her birth weight in no time.

Here's yesterday's action shots:



No comments:

Post a Comment